Top Things to Do with Your Pet on the Oregon Coast
Pacific City, Oregon, is a charming coastal town that offers pet-friendly beaches aplenty, warm hospitality and stunning coastal scenery. With miles of sandy shorelines to explore, it’s the perfect destination for you and your four-legged bestfriend. The nearby Cape Kiwanda State Natural Area provides plenty of opportunities for beachcombing, and plenty of room for all types of furry companions. Moreover, the city offers a great selection of pet-friendly restaurants and accommodations to ensure your whole family has a comfortable stay. With its unbeatable coastal views, Pacific City can be a perfect getaway for you and your pet. Whether it’s a romantic weekend away or just some quality time with your pup.
From dog-friendly breweries to pup-approved attractions
In this blog, we cover pet-friendly attractions and activities in Pacific City, Oregon. These include beaches with plenty of space for furry companions, the Cape Kiwanda State Natural Area for beachcombing, pet-friendly restaurants, and accommodations, as well as other attractions around town such as hiking trails and nature parks.
Pet-Friendly Beaches Near Pacific City
These beaches offer an unforgettable experience for you and your pup. With plenty of open space to explore and breathtaking views, they are the perfect spot for a day at the beach. Be sure to adhere to all pet-friendly rules and regulations in order to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for your four-legged friend.
- Bob Straub State Park: This stunning beach located north of Pacific City offers plenty of space for your furry friends to explore in a safe environment. Dogs must remain on leash at all times, but with its wide sandy shoreline and picturesque views, it is the perfect spot for a pleasant beach stroll.
- Neskowin Beach: This sandy shore offers plenty of space to run around and play while taking in the breathtaking sights of Haystack Rock and Cascade Head. Dogs are welcome year-round as long as they remain on leashes near crowded areas.
- Cape Kiwanda State Natural Area: This beach near Pacific City provides plenty of open space for your pup to roam and explore the rock formations that make up this stunning area. Dogs must be on a leash at all times, and it is best to come early in the day or during the weekdays, as the beach can get crowded during peak hours.
- Oceanside Beach: This beach offers your pup an opportunity to explore the various tidepools and rock formations while strolling along its wide shoreline. Dogs must be on a leash too, but with its stunning views and plenty of room to roam, it is a great spot for you and your four-legged friend.
Tips for keeping your pet safe and comfortable
- Always bring plenty of water and food for your pet, as well as any necessary medications.
- Make sure your pup stays hydrated throughout the day and takes frequent breaks from the sun to cool down.
- Know the pet-friendly rules for each beach before bringing your pup, and make sure to adhere to all regulations.
- Have a clean-up bag with you at all times to pick up after your dog when they are done exploring or playing on the beach.
Dog-Friendly Breweries and Wineries Near Pacific City
With the growing trend of pet-friendly places popping up on the Oregon Coast, many breweries and wineries near Pacific City have adapted to welcome furry friends. From beer gardens where your pup can run around to tasting rooms that allow dogs inside, you’ll be sure to find a place that offers a unique experience for you and your four-legged friend. Here are some of the best dog-friendly breweries and wineries close to Pacific City:
- De Garde Brewing: Located in Tillamook, this brewery’s beer garden is the perfect spot for you and your pup to hang out and enjoy a cold one together. Dogs must remain leashed at all times, but they are welcome to join their owners in the beer garden.
- PC Pour Wine Bar: Located near the beach in Pacific City, this wine bar house offers a great selection of wine, champagne and small plates. Dogs are welcome as long as they remain on a leash on the patio.
- Pelican Brewing: This brewery is located in Pacific City and features a large outdoor seating area for you and your pup to enjoy together. Dogs must remain on a leash at all times, but the outdoor seating area provides plenty of space to roam while having an ice-cold pint.
These breweries and wineries offer an excellent opportunity for you to kick back, relax, and share some quality time with your canine companion. With plenty of pet-friendly rules and regulations, these establishments provide a safe and comfortable environment for you and your pup to enjoy an ice-cold beverage while taking in the stunning views of the Pacific City coastline.
Hiking and Outdoor Activities Near Pacific City
If you’re looking for outdoor activities to do with your pup, Pacific City is the perfect destination. The region boasts an array of breathtaking natural landscapes that are ideal for hiking and exploring with your four-legged friend. From lush forests and tall mountains to pristine beaches and picturesque cliffs, this area offers something for everyone.
Here are some of the best places to take your pup and explore the great outdoors:
|Trail Name||Location||Difficulty Level|
|Cape Lookout State Park||North of Pacific City||Easy to Moderate|
|Clay Myers at Whalen Island||Near Tillamook, OR||Easy to Moderate|
|Sand Lake Recreation Area||South of Pacific City||Easy|
|Nehalem Bay State Park||Near Manzanita, OR||Moderate to Difficult|
|Tillamook State Forest||Near Tillamook, OR||Easy to Moderate|
|Tierra del Mar Beach Access Trail||Northern tip of Pacific City||Easy|
Cape Lookout State Park
Cape Lookout State Park has miles of trails that are perfect for hiking in the north of Pacific City. The park has beautiful viewpoints and a beach for you and your pup to enjoy.
Clay Myers at Whalen Island State Natural Area
Whalen Island Loop Trail provides stunning views of the coastline and a variety of wildlife near Pacific City for you and your pup to explore. The trail isn’t too hard because it doesn’t go up or down very much. It is a perfect place to view the Whalen Island estuary habitat with frequent sightings of Bald Eagles, otters and herons.
Sand Lake Recreation Area
The Lake recreation area has trails and great views south of Pacific City. The terrain is mostly flat, and there isn’t much change in elevation, but there are still plenty of places to explore with your dog.
The Perfect Pet-Friendly Accommodations
There are plenty of pet-friendly accommodations on the Oregon Coast for you and your pup. Whether you’re looking for oceanfront rentals or a cozy cabin in the woods just steps away from Pacific City, Oregon, you’ll find pet-friendly rentals perfect for family vacations.
Your cozy lodge will be more than just a place to stay; it’ll be your launching pad for making memories that last a lifetime. Whether you’re planning an off-the-grid staycation or fancy some sandy escapades, we have something to fit your schedule and budget.
What to pack for your dog on a beach trip?
It’s a good idea to bring familiar things that will help your pup feel at home. Most vacation rental homes, or beach cabins will have rules regarding pets at the house. A common rule is that you cannot leave a pet in the home unattended, unless they are kenneled. Also, pets should stay off of furniture so if your pup is used to hanging on the sofa, please bring additional sheets or blankets from home. Also, don’t forget to bring your waste bags, toys, food, treats, and anything else that will ensure you have a fun beach adventure with your dog.
What are you waiting for? Pack up those bags and come explore the home of endless blue skies and sun-drenched memories!